When chemicals added to processed foods earn a bad rep for causing disease and disability, one would hope the food manufacturers would remove them from their products or the FDA would protect the American people by banning them, but neither seems to be the case - not when big money is at stake. Instead the food manufacturers either launch dis-information campaigns claiming their additives are either healthy or benign, or they confuse and deceive the consumer by using a different name for the same additive. For example, according to The Truth in Labeling Campaign, MSG can be found in food under 50 different names.
With this history of deceit, it comes as no surprise to learn that we now have to look for high fructose corn syrup and aspartame under new names.
High fructose corn syrupDr. Mark Hyman has spent more than ten years studying high fructose corn syrup (HFCS), reading and interviewing "most of the 'medical and nutrition experts'".
He states the following reasons why we should never eat HFCS and why eating it may kill you.
- "Sugar in any form causes obesity and disease when consumed in pharmacologic doses." Both are dangerous to the body in the amounts eaten by the average American.
- "HFCS and cane sugar are NOT biochemically identical or processed the same way by the body." HFCS not only spikes insulin since it goes right into the bloodstream, it also goes right to the liver triggering the production of triglycerides and cholesterol. New research finds that it is a common cause of leaky gut syndrome. "High doses of free fructose have been proven to literally punch
holes in the intestinal lining allowing nasty byproducts of toxic gut
bacteria and partially digested food proteins to enter your blood stream
and trigger the inflammation that we know is at the root of obesity,
diabetes, cancer, heart disease, dementia, and accelerated aging."
- "HFCS contains contaminants including mercury that are not regulated or measured by the FDA." Mercury was discovered. Other contaminants were also detected but as yet are unidentified.
- "Independent medical and nutrition experts DO NOT support the use of HFCS in our diet, despite the assertions of the corn industry." The industry takes comments out of context and passes them off as supportive to their products when they are not.
- "HFCS is almost always a marker of poor-quality, nutrient-poor disease-creating industrial food products or "food-like substances"." Surely we all know by now that nearly all processed food is garbage.
So now that the truth aboutis more readily available, Chex cereal has decided to rename it - calling it fructose. Even while their packaging states that the product does not contain HFCS (which is 55% fructose), instead it contains HFCS-90, (note it is high fructose corn syrup with 90% fructose) and they are calling it fructose.
AspartameThe makers of aspartame use the argument that orange juice is natural and good for you and all they did was take two of the amino acids from orange juice to make their product. What could possibly be wrong with that?
You can easily find arguments on either side ofsafety from a nutritionist with a PhD listing 92 reasons aspartame is dangerous and should be completely avoided to articles claiming test after test has proven it's safe. It is interesting that those articles always say something about the level ingested. The fact that aspartame changes into formaldehyde in the body is enough for me. I've smelled it. Have you?
Again, this is big business with lots of money at stake. So now a rebranding is underway. Aspartame is now aminosweet. Consumer beware.
Though you can save yourself a lot of time and trouble deciphering labels and trying to figure our what the food industry is hiding. Eat - real - food! It's simple. Check out the . If you're looking for an inexpensive replacement for HFCS laden beverages, check out this .
Originally posted at:http://www.naturalnews.com/048354_high_fructose_corn_syrup_aspartame_leaky_gut.html