Cloves come from an evergreen tree called Eugenia Caryophyllata. This tree is native to Indonesia, and the dried flower buds are what we know as cloves.
The oil is extracted from these buds, and also from the stems and leaves.
Clove has been used as a breath freshener and toothache reliever for centuries.
Its ability to stave off disease was known in the ancient world, but why it is effective against illness was not known until bacteria and microbes were discovered. Clove has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties.
We can still experience clove’s benefits today.
Clove Oil Benefits
* Oral health – Using a solution of diluted clove oil as a gargle or mouthwash is effective against sores in the mouth and/or bad breath.
* Athlete’s foot – Clove’s pleasant scent and antifungal properties make it a good treatment for athlete’s foot.
* Tooth and head pain – When diluted with a carrier oil and applied directly to the painful area of the mouth, clove oil numbs pain. Even some commercial preparations intended for oral pain relief contain clove oil. Massaged into the temples, clove oil is also said to relieve headaches.
* Antiseptic – Diluted clove oil makes a soothing antiseptic ointment for cuts and scrapes. Its antimicrobial properties help prevent infection.
* Upper respiratory health – A steamy bowl of hot water with a few drops of clove oil can provide a healing, anti-inflammatory steam that you can inhale.
* Digestion – Clove oil helps treat flatulence and indigestion. When it is added to foods it can help offset some of the negative digestive effects of the food.
* Cholera – Several sources suggest that this serious disease can be and has been treated effectively with clove oil.
Get your dried, organic herbs, organic essential oils, bulk spices, loose leaf organic teas and aromatherapy supplies at the place where we shop – StarWest Botanicals !
How to Use Clove Oil
Clove oil should always be diluted with a neutral carrier oil such as almond or olive oil if it is to be used topically. It can be diluted in water for gargles, washes, and other treatments. Other suggestions are:
* Clove tea (simmer a teaspoon of cloves in a cup of water)
* Clove lozenges – use clove oil to flavor homemade hard candies.
* A few drops of clove oil added to a cup of carrier oil can be used for massage and as an antiseptic.
* Insect repellent – cloves stuck into an orange or apple, and then dried makes what calls a pomander. This repels insects when hung into a closet or placed in a clothing drawer.
* Foot powder – make an antifungal foot powder by mixing 3 parts cornstarch, 1 part baking soda, and 3-5 drops of clove oil. Shake well.
Earn Your Aromatherapy Certification From Home!
There are many vital components to regaining and maintaining health. Natural therapies can be a crucial part of a healing journey and you can learn how to help yourself and others achieve whole body wellness through holistic healing.
Aromatherapy, sometimes also referred to as aromatic or scent medicine, is the art of healing the body using naturally distilled essences from different parts of plants to improve and enhance your everyday emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being. These essences are known as essential oils.
If you would like to learn Aromatherapy at your own pace in your own home, please check out Alternative Healing Academy‘s Advanced Aromatherapy Course .
This is a perfect continuing education course for therapists/practitioners of other modalities such as color/crystal therapy, energy medicine, reflexology, massage therapy, Reiki, sound therapy, homeopathy, herbal medicine, etc., or for those just beginning their journey into using aromatherapy to heal.
We offer a wide range of comprehensive holistic health courses at affordable prices. Take a minute to read our FAQ and our Testimonials – you’ll be glad you did! The Alternative Healing Academy even offers payment plans ! You are also welcome to contact us with any questions.
Use coupon aha10off to get 10% off any course – even if you use a payment plan!
Originally posted at:http://www.natural-holistic-health.com/health-benefits-of-clove-oil/